Twitter LogoInstagram LogoFacebook LogoPinterest Logo

Wednesday 7 January 2015

save the date

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that my sister and her fiancĂ© have sent out their save the dates, I can finally share them with you all. I love graphic design and hope to start my own wedding stationery business - so when my sister asked me to do her stationery I was over the moon. Obviously as she's my sister I can't exactly charge her and would never want to. For me I see it as a great opportunity to practice my skills first hand and to build up my portfolio. What's really nice is that they've both sat with me during the design process and have told me exactly what they'd like. I then transfer their vision to the digital world, and with a few tweaks here and there we nailed it. There will still be a lot more to come - invitations, menus, seating charts and more. Stationery is a much bigger deal these days, and personally I feel it can add so much to your special day. With my sister it's almost like a hint as to what the theme will be and what the guests can expect on the day. There's nothing more personal than splashing your ideas and your wedding onto a piece of card to shout out to your family and friends. 

It's quite clear from the save the dates that they've opted for an alpine theme. Each guest has been supplied with a lift pass, either for the whole day or just the evening. A lovely little snippet of what's round the corner. Let me know what you think...

They've been printed onto brown card to connect better with their alpine theme and overall colour scheme, but this shows the design!!



grace xox


No comments :

Post a Comment