Twitter LogoInstagram LogoFacebook LogoPinterest Logo

Wednesday 17 December 2014

wedding cake inspiration

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Today I'm doing a quick post on some of my favourite wedding cakes! There are hundreds and hundreds of different styles, flavours and colours to choose from, but for me there are some that stand out from all the rest. I've never been much of a fan of really bright wedding cakes and I naturally lean towards very soft pastel tones. Something that I've seen a lot recently is hand painted cakes and in particular, gold cakes - which are just gorgeous!! One tier painted all gold with another tier in a bright, rich colour is so simple, but looks extremely high end and elegant. Something even cheaper than this is half naked and naked cakes - these seem to be a real big craze at the moment. Traditionally a wedding cake would be covered in marzipan and fondant riding with some flowers and piping, and don't get me wrong I still love this style of wedding cake as it is a complete classic. However, the half naked and naked cakes have such a lovely and relaxed effect to them, and I'd imagine they are very low cost as there isn't as much work to do on them. A lot of them have some fresh berries spilled onto them or some fresh flowers added, but this isn't essential as the effect of the scraped icing is enough to make a rustic and natural looking cake. 

Possibly the coolest cake I've seen is the tiered cake with a black board tier!! Absolutely amazing. The whole thing is cake, but one tier is covered with a black board and written on with chalk. They can have doodles from the couple, or have their names written nicely. Just something different to the popular cake toppers and mini bunting, which are still lovely to add something to you wedding cake, but if you want to be completely unique this is a great idea.

Take a look at my wedding cake board on Pinterest for my ideas and inspiration.



grace xox

No comments :

Post a Comment