Twitter LogoInstagram LogoFacebook LogoPinterest Logo

Saturday 13 December 2014

logo designs

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that I have my new gadgets to play with, I have been playing around with design ideas for my own future business. Initially, I had thought that my company name would be Elizabeth Grace (something I came up with with a friend), but thinking through this name I don't feel it will suit my business that well. Ultimately, I want to be a wedding planner, but to begin with I'm going to design stationery. In particular I'd like to focus on wedding stationery, but I also want to do birthdays, baby showers and any other stationery people might like. With this in mind, the name Elizabeth Grace felt a little too high end and luxury and it screams weddings. I don't want to be limited to just weddings, or to just the higher end of the market. So ... I have been playing around with names in my head and I really like 'Pretty Please'. I think it's fun and friendly and hopefully it doesn't limit me to just wedding!

Today I have been playing around with some logo designs for my new company name, take a look ...


I drew my designs on paper first and found this to be my favourite design. I then used Illustrator to produce the logo, with some help from my new Wacom tablet. I've always loved experimenting with fonts, so I used my tablet to write the word 'pretty' myself and put this into the logo. At first I thought i would stick with a monochrome theme as you can't really go wrong with this. However, there was no harm in playing around with the colours to see what would happen. Some of the added colour looks horrible, but on others a bit of colour actually looks quite nice. My favourites are the monochrome, the mint green with black font and the dusky pink with white font. Now I just need to choose my favourite one, although I'll probably end up playing around a bit more! Let me know which one's your favourite - and I shall be updating my blog with my new style soon. (Sorry for the changes recently, I just want to perfect my blog and aim it at what I want to do in the future!)  

grace xox

No comments :

Post a Comment